|Size (L x W x H)||38.5 cm x 28.5 cm x 8.5 cm|
- King of rice
- Good in aroma
- Good stickiness and good sweetness
- More flavoured when chewed
Koshihikari Niigata rice, often referred to simply as Koshihikari, is a premium short-grain rice variety primarily cultivated in the Niigata Prefecture of Japan. It is one of the most famous and highly regarded rice varieties in Japan, known for its exceptional quality. Its distinctly sweet and slightly nutty flavor makes it suitable for various traditional Japanese dishes, including sushi, onigiri (rice balls), and donburi (rice bowl dishes).
How to cook :
1. First, clean the rice in the water with your hand, 2-3 times or until the water is clear. Then soak the Koshihikari for at least 30 minutes before cooking, as it helps the rice cook more evenly.
2. Common ratio is 1 cup of rice to 1.2 cups of water. You can adjust the amount based on how you want your rice texture to be.
3. It will typically take around 15-20 minutes to cook the rice in a rice cooker.
4. After the cooking cycle is complete, let the rice sit in the rice cooker with the lid closed for an additional 10-15 minutes.
5. Fluff the rice using a fork or rice paddle, and transfer it to a serving bowl. It is ready to serve.